Friday, April 10, 2009

Eco Dress


I know it's already up on my site, but this shoot I'm probably the MOST proud of, out of all the work I've done with "The team"

I had to build an "eco display" at work, with my co-worker, Courtney Turner. We made a dress out of recycled materials and silk plants.



I got in contact with the Costume Museum of Canada, and asked if we could do a live shoot during their "Green is the New Black" Fashion Event. 

This is how we rolled

*Headpiece made my me as well out of recycled materials - I think there's everything from a second cup lid to the inside pieces of a flashlight!



03_08_2009 - Sara Jordan - Eco Dress
Winnipeg, MB

Hair: TJ Hirniak for ELAN
MUA: Daena Groleau for FINE EYES
Styling: Miyoko Oikawa for VISUAL ELEMENTS

Copyright 2009
www.davidlewisphotography.ca


1 comment:

Nana said...

hi, I saw this dress on lookbook and I'm just so incredibly amazed by it. How do you start something like that? As you said, you used a lot of random things to put the look together. Did you plan to use them or did you just go with it? I feel like this must have been a lot of work, but at the same time there's a feeling of fun to it that's just amazing. I love it