Sunday, April 5, 2009

UPdates

I haven't blogged in a while... I guess I forget that I have the ability... that or I'm too lazy. or busy.

Anyway, let's see...

Janique and I recently went to Toronto to shoot with David Hou. He's an incredible photographer. We shot Model, Ali Lalonde, and worked with Taca Ozawa from FORD (hair). The shoot was well, but I'm kind of disappointed that we didn't do something more extreme. As soon as Janique and I got back to Winnipeg we decided to change gears and move toward doing planned shoots that were designed to be 3,5, or 7 look sets that we could then push to canadian magazines. We have some wicked ideas to come!

Hairfx had their Contessa shoot a little while ago, in which I did the neck pieces... It's funny how when something is high end, it develops the name "piece" at the end...
hat -> headpiece
watch -> timepiece
therefore I decided it was probably ok to change from necklace - > neckpiece for what I designed for them.
Each hairstylist picked a material (metal, feathers, wood) and I designed a neckpiece for their model. The shots were to focus more on the hair, with slight colour in the makeup, and then the neckpieces were for texture/shape to emphasize the overall look.
*pictures to come, but I can't release them until the contest entry deadline is over :(

I'm super stoked because we planned some shoots coming up with a few more Winnipeg photographers. Latsch, Sousa, Wibawa...just to name a few. I love that every photographer/makeup artist/hairstylist has their own unique style, and that every one of those can be more suited to a specific look you want to achieve. Winnipeg definitely has some great talent!

No comments: