Saturday, November 29, 2008

Exchange of Events

Let me start off by saying that I think it's funny that I got so bored that I learned how to do THIS dance... 
Then realized it's FULL douche-esque potential when I noted the Sponge Bob version on Youtube...

Anyway,

Today I took off from work early to spend the day shopping in the Exchange with Janique!
We made an appointment at Julie Pedersen's design lab to check out Custom Made Mukluks...If you haven't checked out her line, DO IT NOW! 


Here's a link to an article on her Mukluks in The Manitoban...
A great way to stay warm yet uniquely fashionable in the winter. The lady who helped us was very pleasant, and they were more than willing to assist in creating the ultimate boot - from colour to type of fur, to accents on the boot...All-in-all a pretty Rockin' experience I'd say!

We perused October, Candy and Dolls, Cake, a new boutique called UNFOLD - which, for all the male viewers, is a pretty dope store - peep the blue/grey prep school cardigan if you're in... it's fairly amazing. Their women's denim is well priced too!

After the exchange we visited The Ruby Slipper, where we definitely got our share of accessories... I picked up antique bone bangles (apparently retailing at over $100 for $10...), a carved bakelite bangle, and the breath-takingly amazing purple Emanuel Ungaro blazer that S and I found last week (it was still there so I took that as a sign to purchase it...sorry S!)....Oooo! and a black 1920's style clutch!


Janique had heard that REDEEMED (consignment store on Academy) received a shipment of designer shoes in size... Prada, Gucci, Chanel, and Laboutin shoes/boots, all worn...mmm, maybe twice. Great condition. Great prices. The ladies who worked there knew where all the best of the best in the store were, and we ended up finding an amazing pair of Chanel grey wool dress pants, some Gucci pieces - cardigan & sweater vests, and dresses from Maxmara & Simon Chang, that will one day fit someone the way they should - and on that day Janique and I will be devestatingly jealous!!  <3

What are 2 girls to do after a full day of retail therapy?

Sushi at Bluefish!


Beautiful restaurant, delicious food - they have amazing martini specials, and absolutely the best service I've had in a long time *go see Nadine, she's superb!

xo M

No comments: